Sunday, May 01, 2005

At Work.. how do I work again?

Back at work after the triumph that was the Recognyz '05 Youth Awards. One question: how do I work again?

I've had so much fun these holidays, and the fun has left little time for work. As a consequence I've forgotten how to work. Kathryn on the other hand has been bouncing off walls doing stuff. She's cleaning units as we speak. I wonder if she thinks that I'll spray them. Unfortunately I'm allergic to the spray & consequently can't use it... so she's in for a nasty surprise if she's cleaning under the assumption that I'll be doing the spraying!

There's a SIFE exec meeting this afternoon at Tandoor restaurant. It's a Pakistani restaurant owned by Sadia's family (Sadia is the new treasurer for SIFE Waikato). I'm curious to see how Pakistani food differs from Indian. I had dinner at Sajjad's house one time and the chicken curry had a very similar taste to Sri Lankan chicken curry.

So, whilst I would be keen to attend and try the food, I'm not sure that I can devote this evening to eating out and attending a SIFE meeting. This week looks like another one of those weeks. It is customary for lecturers to hand out 20 billion assignments on the first week back and I expect this week will be no exception. I've got Outlook reminders popping up left, right, & centre letting me know that I've only got 2 weeks till at least a dozen assessments are due AND I've also got meetings left/right and centre this week as well!

Monday is Youth Council & Kevin Pryor's Youth Advisory Board, Tuesday Theatresports is starting up (and for once it's been advertised!), Wednesday is a staff meeting at Avenue Self Storage and god knows what is in store for me Thursday night!

On the other hand.. even if I skip the SIFE meeting I'm pretty sure I won't spend the evening studying!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home