Saturday, April 30, 2005

Preparing for Youth Awards

Am at work today, which means its almost obligatory to write a blog entry! (this is an in-joke attended for those who know me and the place that I work :) ). I'm already feeling the end of the teaching recess.

Woke up at 7:22am and discovered that I was late for something.

I haven't had that feeling all holidays and it's been so good. Needed to get going by 7:30am in order to be at work by 8:00am. I got to work on time but...WOOPS.. forgot my keys. Unfortunately the girl who works with me (Kathryn) doesn't have any keys. Quite a problem considering that my house is 1/2 an hr away and the only other person who had the keys, and a cellphone number we knew, wasn't answering her phone!

Managed to get to work though, and have been busy preparing my speech for Recognyz 05 Youth awards tonight which has been organised by the Hamilton City Youth Council. I'm pretty pleased with my speech but it needs a conclusion.

Realisation:I never could write good endings. Or end things, period.

The Awards ceremony recognises the inspirational work of youth in a number of areas. The mayor is attending and SIFE Waikato has been nominated for the Apprentice Award (innovative and entrepreneurial ideas).

Hmmm...

I never could write good endings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home