Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Thank your honours that that's over!

Finished my mooting semi-final! Pheeeewww!!! I totally screwed up... but I guess that means I have absolutely nothing to worry about viz-a-viz having to prepare for the finals!

I can finally focus on more important things, and what could be more important than...

MOVIES!

On your ipod for starters.. Steve Jobs is asking SONY to release movies on the video iPOD. Speculation is that they'll be added onto the Blu-Ray disc of the movie... now THAT's a sensible idea. If you ever watch a movie on the move, it's because you've normally already seen it on a decent sized television or cinema screen and just want to kill some time by watching a favourite movie. People don't want to pay EXTRA for the privilege of watching a movie on a small handheld screen.. and if they do, they definitely don't want to pay DVD prices for the privilege! If only SONY had applied the same logic to it's next-to-useless-but-way-more-pricey UMD format...

Speaking of Blu-Ray, the critic's reaction to its rival (HD-DVD) has been reminiscent of everyone's reaction to the XBOX 360. Namely, it's OK for those of us who have high definition TVs, but will make no difference to the 99% of us who don't.
Hat Tip: LIBERTAS.

And to make this sound less like a tech post...James Cameron is proposing 3D Movies as a way for cinemas to increase their revenues. As long as he's not proposing a sequel to 'Titanic' I am more than happy to listen to him! Actually, I have to say.. I kind of miss them (3D movies that is.. definitely NOT Titanic). I don't get why they don't show more of them. To my surprise I bumped into someone who has NEVER seen a 3D movie before. NEVER. I was stunned.. it wasn't that long ago that we all had IMAX fever & were watching that 3D episode of 3rd Rock from the Sun. Perhaps it is time for a 3D renaissance. I went to help my 3D-deprived friend buy 3D classes for the Miracle episode. Lo and behold, Shell was all sold out. The only Shell station in H-town that had one was Frankton, and that was probably because it was in Frankton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home