Friday, May 06, 2005

Photo Fever

I've been looking for an easy way to upload photos. It seems like I may have found an answer: Flickr. I haven't tried it yet, but if the Guardian says its good, then I'm happy to agree with them. I seriously doubt it can be any worse than Picasa.

Picasa is blogspot's default image uploader. God knows why. It eats up memory. It also doesn't let you write articles about your photos. On top of that it is slower than the Hamilton Bus Service.

When I was in Spain I enjoyed many a frustrating hour with Picasa. It took me like 8 hours to upload 6 pictures and "optimise" them. And this wasn't counting the time I spent cutting and pasting their URLs into one blog entry so I could write some comments about them!

As for Flickr, I'm impressed by the cool sidebar thing you can add to the right side of your blog (I stumbled onto a site using it whilst randomnly while clicking 'Next Blog>>').

Now all I need is a digital camera...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home