Thursday, May 05, 2005

Emily Braunstein Blogs...

Religious studies student Emily Braunstein is blogging. I know her from debating circles, she's part of the Victoria University Debating Society. Man it is weird seeing people you know in the news... well, as far as the NZ blogosphere classifies as news...


This isn't the first blog post I've seen about Emily. There was another one about her editing of a 'letters to the editor' page (she was/is.. I'm not quite sure: the editor of Salient) that had huge numbers of letters calling the president of the Vic Students Union a cunt.

It's got me thinking about all the contacts we make at University. The people we meet really are the future of the country. It scares me to think that one day someone I had drinks with will actually be running this country!

The blog she's writing for is apparently a very right wing blog. I have David Farrar to thank for this insight.. as well as the quote on the front page that reads "If you are offended by strong right wing views and bad language, you should probably sod off now and go hug a tree.".

So I guess that puts her alongside the umpteen other right wing/neo-con/rogernomic-wannabe debaters. I'm beginning to wonder if there's any other kind...

Still a very very nice person who is definitely way too nice to be a rogernome :)

Update:

Emily's first blog post can be accessed here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home