Tuesday, June 07, 2005

American Army Game

In a fit of procrastination I woke up at 4AM this morning to finish off work and ended up watching BBC instead. BBC's ClickOnline (which is unusually good for a mainstream media technology program) was visiting E3 and showing off all the new games. In the back of my mind I hoped that they would show the up and coming 24 Game. Though that was basically due to the onset of 24-fever in my household as of late.

Anywho, they didn't end up showing 24 but they did have some other rather interesting features. My three videogame drools for today: Scarface, Godfather, and the US Military.

The graphics on the Scarface game look awesome and you get to relive the firefight at the end! Not only this, but Joe Montana really looks like Joe Montana (well at least on the ultra-high tech PCs they were trialing the game on..). It also looks like they've chosen the right style for these games.They have gone for a free roaming GTA-style of play for both of them. Can you imagine cruising the streets of Miami as Joe Montana?! I mean, cruising a fictional Vice City as some no-name is one thing.. but JOE FREAKING MONTANA!!

However, of the two games Godfather looks like it has the most promise. It features the original voice of Marlon Brando as well as many other actors from the movie. Not only that but the game involves having conversations with people on the street, courting influence, and choosing when or when not to apply force!

As for the military.. well, I heard about this a while ago, but watching this revived my memory and appetite for it. The US Army has created a videogame called 'America's Army' it is a FPS where you work as part of a team and carry out various operations. I'm not sure whether it's going to be the great recruiting tool its intended to be, but I can definitely guarantee some website hits for the military. I tried to download it earlier but BBC's website stupidly doesn't provide a link!! Anyway, I have found it now so feel free to join the US Virtual army here

Makes me wish I had some free time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home